did you know?
- Grinding your teeth overnight is equivalent to a month’s normal wear on your teeth.
- Listening to music while sitting in the dentist’s chair can help keep your relaxed.
- Studies have shown there is a link between gum disease and heart disease. Ask the PT Dental team how easy it is to take care of your gums.
- Beer was used in an ancient remedy for toothache.
- The first people who tried to replace teeth were living back in 2600 B.C.
- U.S President, George Washington had his first set of dentures made of wood. He had a later set made of hippopotamus tusk
- Fluoride wasn’t added to toothpaste until 1956.
- The ancient Egyptians made their own toothpaste from ground pumice stones and strong wine vinegar.
- The present day nylon toothbrush wasn’t invented until 1937.
- In the 15th century, the Chinese made toothbrushes from the neck hairs of a Siberian Wild Boar.
CALL TODAY: (07) 3849 2711 | ADDRESS: First Floor, 1407 Logan Road, Mt Gravatt, QLD